Top Stock Price Movers on Wall Street June 16th
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Southern Union Company (NYSE:SUG): Up +17.52%. Southern Union Company, through subsidiaries, gathers, processes, stores, transports, and distributes natural gas. The Company transports natural gas by pipeline from gas producing areas to customers primarily in the southeast, midwest, and Great Lakes region. Southern Union also operates a liquefied natural gas import terminal.
- Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE:ETE): Up +8.22%. Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. owns equity interests in Energy Transfer Partners, a limited partnership involved in the natural gas midstream, transportation, and storage business, as well as a retail propane business.
- AMERCO (NASDAQ:UHAL): Up +7.89%. AMERCO is the holding company for U-Haul International, Inc., Amerco Real Estate Company, Republic Western Insurance Company, and Oxford Life Insurance Company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, offers rental of trucks, trailers, and self storage space, as well as property and casualty insurance and life insurance products.
- Kirby Corporation (NYSE:KEX): Up +7.28%. Kirby Corporation operates a fleet of inland tank barges. The Company transports industrial chemicals, refined petroleum products, black oil products, and agricultural chemicals. Kirby also overhauls and services diesel engines employed in marine, power generation, and rail applications.
- Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE:SFD): Up +6.42%. Smithfield Foods, Inc. processes pork and produces hogs through its meat processing and hog production groups. The Company also produces and markets a range of branded food products such as frozen barbecues and chilies, peanuts, and pork products. Smithfield’s products are sold on a wholesale basis, through catalogs, through its retail stores, and via the Internet.
- Pandora Media Inc (NYSE:P): Down -23.88%. Pandora is an internet radio station generating playlists based on a user’s favorite artist or song. Pandora’s service, free to its more than 80 million registered users and available only in the US, is supported by local and national advertising. Pandora chief strategy officer Tim Westergren founded the company in 2000. Here’s Why Pandora is Face Planting This Morning>>
- Finisar Corporation (NASDAQ:FNSR): Down -16.3%. Finisar Corporation provides fiber optic subsystems and network performance test systems which enable high-speed data communications over local area network and storage area networks. The Company’s line of optical subsystems supports a variety of network applications, transmission speeds, distances, and mediums. Finisar also provides network performance test systems.
- Liberty Global Inc. (NASDAQ:LBTYB): Down -13.16%. Liberty Global, Inc. owns interests in broadband, distribution, and content companies operating outside the continental United States, principally in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- Renren Inc (NYSE:RENN): Down -9.84%. Renren, Inc. operates an Internet website. The Company operates a real-time social networking website that offers users the ability to communicate, share information and user-generated content, play online games, listen to music, shop for deals, and use other services.
- Linkedin Corporation (NYSE:LNKD): Down -8.51%. LinkedIn Corporation operates a social networking website used for professional networking. The Company’s website allows members to post a profile of their professional expertise and accomplishments. LinkedIn allows members to be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts.