Today’s Most Active Traded Stocks on Wall Street
Following is a list of today’s most active stocks as of mid-day trading:
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY): The shares are trading at $127.11, down $2.18, or 1.69%, on the day. Volume is 90.14 million. Market cap is $87.1 billion. About the company: SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust is a unit investment trust incorporated in the United States. The Trust consists of a portfolio representing all 500 stocks in the S&P 500 Index.
- Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC): The shares are trading at $10.46, down $0.34, or 3.15%, ont he day. Volume is 82.3 million. Market cap is $106 billion. About the company: Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary. Competitors to Watch: Citigroup (NYSE:C), Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB), JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM), HSBC (NYSE:HBC), Metlife (NYSE:MET), PNC (NYSE:PNC), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), Financials (NYSE:XLF) and Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC).
- Financial Select Sector SPDR ETF (NYSE:XLF): The shares are trading at $14.69, down $0.37, or 2.4% on the day. Volume is 67.64 million. Market cap is $7.7 billion. About the company: Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is to provide investment results that, before expenses, correspond to the performance of The Financial Select Sector. The Index includes financial services firms whose business’ range from investment management to commercial & business banking.
- Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK): The shares are trading at $5.92, down $0.34, or 5.43%, on the day. Volume is 47.05 million. Market cap is $22.7 billion. Nokia Corporation is a player in the mobile industry. The Company makes a range of mobile devices with services and software that enable people to experience music, navigation, video, television, imaging, games, business mobility and more. Nokia also provides equipment, solutions and services for communications networks.
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F): The shares are trading at $13.13, down $0.30, or 2.23%, on the day. Volume is 44.85 million. Market cap is $50 billion. Ford Motor Company designs, manufactures, and services cars and trucks. The Company also provides vehicle-related financing, leasing, and insurance through its subsidiary. Competitors to Watch: General Motors Company (NYSE:GM), Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE:TM), Honda Motor CO., Ltd. (NYSE:HMC), AutoZone (NYSE:AZO), CarMax (NYSE:KMX), Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA), Tata Motors Limited (NYSE:TTM) and Navistar Intl. Corp. (NYSE:NAV).
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO): The shares are trading at $14.83, down $0.25, or 1.62%, on the day. Volume is 37.7 million. Market cap is $81 billion. Cisco Systems, Inc. supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company’s Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company’s solutions transport data, voice, and video within buildings, across campuses, and around the world. Competitors to Watch: Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR), Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Extreme Networks, Inc (NASDAQ:EXTR), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Motorola Mobility Hldgs. Inc (NYSE:MMI), NetGear, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTGR), and ADTRAN, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADTN)
- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI): The shares are trading at $1.92, down $0.04, or 1.79%, on the day. Volume is 34.5 million. Market cap is $7.51 billion. Sirius XM Radio Inc. broadcasts various channels of audio from its satellites. The Company provides its services throughout the continental United States for a monthly subscription fee. Sirius delivers various streams of commercial-free music in every genre, as well as streams of news, sports, weather, talk, comedy, and public radio. Competitors to Watch: Westwood One, Inc. (NASDAQ:WWON), Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE:ETM), Cumulus Media Inc. (NASDAQ:CMLS), Emmis Communications Corp. (NASDAQ:EMMS), Radio One, Inc. (NASDAQ:ROIAK), CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS), Disney (NYSE:DIS), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Grupo Radio Centro SAB de CV (NYSE:RC), Salem Communications Corp (NASDAQ:SALM) and Saga Communications, Inc. (AMEX:SGA).
- iShares Russel 2000 Index (NYSE:IWM): The shares are trading down $1.04, or 1.31%, on the day. Volume is 26.56 million. Market cap is $16.3 billion. iShares Russell 2000 Index Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the performance of the Russell 2000 Index Fund. The Index measures the performance of the small-capitalization sector of the U.S. equity market. The Fund uses a Representative Sampling strategy to try to track the Index.
- Boston Scientific Corp. (NYSE:BSX): The shares are trading up $0.26, or 4.01%, on the day. Volume is 25.4 million. Market cap is $10.8 billion. Boston Scientific Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets minimally invasive medical devices. The Company’s products are used in interventional cardiology, cardiac rhythm management, peripheral interventions, electrophysiology, neurovascular intervention, endoscopy, urology, gynecology and neuromodulation. Competitors to Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT), Edwards Lifesciences Corp (NYSE:EW), and St. Jude Medical Inc. (NYSE:STJ).
- Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S): The shares are trading at $5.2925, down $0.04, or 0.75%, on the day. Volume is 21.4 million. Market cap is $15 billion. Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Competitors to Watch: AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR), Deutsche Telekom AG (DTEGY), MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE:PCS), Leap Wireless Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:LEAP), NTELOS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:NTLS), United States Cellular Corp. (NYSE:USM), Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS), and CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL).
(Note: data on most active stocks are sourced from Google Finance. Selected other data are sourced from Yahoo! Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)