- Tools for Investors
- Stock News
- Investing Ideas
- Econ & Policy
- Personal Finance
US Markets opened higher yesterday but grew weaker as the day went on and closed in the red. Fear is causing indecision and we seem to be at a pivotal point.
Here are a few of today’s most active stocks trading pre-market:
1) Phillips-Van Heusen Corp. (NYSE:PVH): Shares of the apparel company are up $1.33 or 2.21% after posting fiscal Q4 earnings that surged 93%. The acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger helped more than double their sales.
2) Hudson City Bancorp Inc. (NASDAQ:HCBK): Shares of the regional bank are up $0.06 or 0.61% after announcing that it has restructured its balance sheet. The restructuring will allow the company to increase their net interest income. The company also went on to say they will see a large increase in Q1 earnings because of this.
3) A123 Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE): Shares of the designer, developer, manufacturer and seller of rechargeable lithium-ion batteries and battery systems are down $0.63 or 8.06%. The large decrease came on an announcement to offer for common stocks, diluting current shares.
4) FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. (NYSE:FCH): Shares of the REIT operator are down $0.39 or 6.04% after announcing a new issuance of common stock. The new shares will push the price lower and investors were not too happy.
5) Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ETP): Shares of the natural gas operator are down $1.41 or 2.72%. The decrease came on news that the company plans to offer new shares. The dilutive move has been an ongoing trend the last few weeks.
Keep these stocks on your watch list for today’s trading. And if you are looking at precious metals, Here’s Your Guide To Debunking Gold Bears.
Don't miss one of the biggest bull markets in history! Covers Gold, Silver, Gold & Silver stocks, and miners.
There's always a bull market in some sector! Find the best opportunities in commodities.