Stock Price Percentage Movers to Watch as Dow Jones Closed in the Red
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Liberty Global Inc. (NASDAQ:LBTYB): Up +18.29%. Liberty Global, Inc. owns interests in broadband, distribution, and content companies operating outside the continental United States, principally in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- Vera Bradley, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRA): Up +14.95%. Vera Bradley, Inc. designs, produces and retails fashion accessories for women. The Company markets handbags, accessories and travel and leisure items through its chain of retail stores and independent retailers.
- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR): Up +11.46%. Clearwire Corporation provides wireless broadband services. The Company operates a wireless network in the United States as well as other countries.
- The Fresh Market Inc (NASDAQ:TFM): Up +10.82%. Fresh Market, Inc. retails food. The Company operates a chain of stores that retail fresh premium perishable food items. Fresh Market operates in the southeastern, midwestern and mid-Atlantic states.
- Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. (NASDAQ:JOSB): Up +8.53%. Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. manufactures classic men’s clothing. The Company sells its clothing through conventional retail stores and catalog direct marketing located throughout the United States.
- Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS): Down -50.7%. Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
- Cognex Corporation (NASDAQ:CGNX): Down -10.26%. Cognex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets machine vision systems. The Company’s systems are used to automate the manufacture of a variety of discrete items and to assure their quality. Cognex has regional offices located throughout North America, Japan, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
- VirnetX Holding Corporation (AMEX:VHC): Down -7.33%. Virnetx Holding Corporation is developing and commercializing software and technology solutions for securing real-time communications over the Internet.
- TriQuint Semiconductor (NASDAQ:TQNT): Down -7.11%. TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a variety of high performance analog and mixed signal integrated circuits for the communications markets. The Company utilizes its proprietary gallium arsenide technology to enable its products to overcome the performance barriers of silicon devices in various applications. TriQuint’s products are sold worldwide.
- DryShips Inc. (NASDAQ:DRYS): Down -6.94%. DryShips Inc. owns and operates drybulk carriers. Commodities transported by the Company consist of major bulks, which include iron ore, coal, and grain, and minor bulks such as bauxite, phosphate and steel products. The Company also owns Ultra Deep Water Rigs.