Hot Wall Street Stock Price Movers May 19th
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- LinkedIn Corp (NYSE:LNKD): Up +109.44%. LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking site. Founded in December 2002 and launched in May 2003, it is mainly used for professional networking. As of 22 March 2011, LinkedIn reports more than 100 million registered users, spanning more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. The site is available in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. Quantcast reports Linkedin has 21.4 million monthly unique U.S. visitors and 47.6 million globally.
- Raven Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:RAVN): Up +8.45%. Raven Industries, Inc. is an industrial manufacturer focusing on plastics and electronics. The Company manufactures ultra thin and reinforced plastic sheeting, provides electronic manufacturing services, and manufactures precision products for agriculture. Raven also provides balloons, inflatables, contract electronics, and industrial controls through its subsidiaries.
- Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ:AMRN): Up +7.85%. Amarin Corporation PLC is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company researches, develops, and commercializes drugs for the treatment of hypertriglyceridemia, central nervous system disorders, and cardiovascular diseases.
- PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ:PETM): Up +7.58%. PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products and services for pets. The Company operates pet superstores in the United States and Canada, as well as a pet supply catalog business, and an equity interest in PetSmart.com. PetSmart provides pet food and supplies, and offers full-service veterinary, grooming and pet training services.
- Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA): Up +7.02%. Tesla Motors, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells high-performance electric vehicles and electric vehicle powertrain components. The Company owns its sales and service network and sells electric powertrain components to other automobile manufacturers.
- The Buckle, Inc. (NYSE:BKE): Down -14.01%. The Buckle, Inc. retails medium to better priced casual apparel for young men and women. The Company currently operates retail stores in the United States under the Brass Buckle and The Buckle names. The Buckle markets a wide selection of mostly brand name casual apparel, including denims, tops, sportswear, outerwear, accessories, and shoes.
- Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE:BIG): Down -10.52%. Big Lots, Inc. is a broadline closeout retailer that operates stores across the United States. The Company’s stores offer an assortment of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal products,furniture, housewares, toys, and gifts.
- Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (NYSE:AAP): Down -10.15%. Advance Auto Parts, Inc. is a retailer of auto parts and accessories. The Company operates stores in various states, primarily located in the northeastern, southeastern, and midwestern regions of the United States, and in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
- Tidewater Inc. (NYSE:TDW): Down -6.41%. Tidewater Inc. provides offshore supply vessels and marine support services to the offshore energy exploration, development, and production industry. The Company tows and anchor-handles mobile drilling rigs and equipment, transports supplies and personnel, and supports pipelaying and other offshore construction activities.
- Liberty Global Inc. (NASDAQ:LBTYB): Down -5.14%. Liberty Global, Inc. owns interests in broadband, distribution, and content companies operating outside the continental United States, principally in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.