Things to Watch for in the Movie Rental and Exhibitor Industries
The following is an excerpt from a report compiled by Michael Pachter of Wedbush Securities.
Movie Rental Industry
Key Redbox releases this year (with domestic box office total in millions from Boxofficemojo.com):
– 10/1: This is the End ($101)
– 10/8: After Earth ($61)
– 10/15: Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain ($32)
Key Redbox releases last year (with domestic box office total in millions from Boxofficemojo.com):
– 10/2: The Avengers ($623), The Five-Year Engagement ($29)
– 10/9: Snow White and the Huntsman ($155), Dark Shadows ($80), People Like Us ($12)
– 10/16: Madagascar 3 ($216), Rock of Ages ($38), That’s My Boy ($37)
Over the next two weeks, there is one rental release that grossed over $50 million in domestic box office, compared to two last year. DVD rentals for the upcoming two-week period should be flat with the same period last year based on box office results.