Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Technology (NYSE:XLK) sector:
Gainers (% price change)
- JA Solar Hldgs. Co., Ltd (NASDAQ:JASO): The shares closed at $2.25, up $0.25, or 12.5%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $384.75 million. About the company: JA Solar Holdings Company, Ltd. manufactures solar cells. The Company sells its products principally to solar module manufacturers, which assemble and integrate its products into modules and systems.
- Cypress Semicond. Corp. (NASDAQ:CY): The shares closed at $10.56, up $0.86, or 8.87%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.64 billion. About the company: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a line of digital and mixed-signal integrated circuits. The Company’s circuits are used in the data communications, telecommunications, computers, and instrumentation systems markets. Cypress’ products are marketed worldwide through a network of sales offices, distributors, and sales representative firm.
- Silicon Image, Inc. (NASDAQ:SIMG): The shares closed at $6.51, up $0.46, or 7.6%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $527.21 million. About the company: Silicon Image, Inc. designs, develops, and markets semiconductor solutions for applications that require high-bandwidth, integrated solutions for high-speed data communications. The Company’s products enable host systems to transmit digital video data and enable displays to receive and manipulate digital video data.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ): The shares closed at $23.98, up $1.51, or 6.72%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $47.65 billion. About the company: Hewlett-Packard Company provides imaging and printing systems, computing systems, and information technology services for business and home. The Company’s products include laser and inkjet printers, scanners, copiers and faxes, personal computers, workstations, storage solutions, and other computing and printing systems. Hewlett-Packard sells its products worldwide.
- Retalix Limited (NASDAQ:RTLX): The shares closed at $13.71, up $0.75, or 5.79%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $331.51 million. About the company: Retalix Ltd. provides integrated enterprise-wide software solutions for the retail food industry worldwide, including supermarkets, convenience stores, and restaurants. The Company offers a suite of software applications that support a food retailer’s essential retailing operations. Retalix markets its solutions through direct sales, distributors, local dealers, and through its subsidiary.
Losers (% price change)
- LDK Solar Co., Ltd (NYSE:LDK): The shares closed at $3.69, down $0.41, or 10%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $534.91 million. About the company: LDK Solar Company, Ltd. manufactures multicrystalline solar wafers. The Company sells multicrystalline wafers globally to manufacturers of photovoltaic products including solar cells and solar modules. Solar wafers are the principal raw material used to produce solar cells which convert sunlight into electricity.
- GrafTech Intl. Ltd. (NYSE:GTI): The shares closed at $13.90, down $1.38, or 9.03%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.02 billion. About the company: GrafTech International Ltd. manufactures and provides natural and synthetic graphite and carbon based products and services. The Company offers energy solutions to customers worldwide involved in the manufacture of steel, aluminum, silicon metal, automotive products, and electronics. GrafTech’s products include graphite electrodes, carbon electrodes, and flexible graphite.
- Datalink Corporation (NASDAQ:DTLK): The shares closed at $8.39, down $0.74, or 8.11%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $146.95 million. About the company: Datalink Corporation is an information architect. The Company analyzes, designs, implements, and supports information storage infrastructure that store, protect, and provide continuous access to information. Datalink’s specialized capabilities and solutions span various networked storage products, incorporating hardware, software, and technical services.
- AudioCodes Ltd. (NASDAQ:AUDC): The shares closed at $3.34, down $0.29, or 7.99%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $137.62 million. About the company: AudioCodes Ltd. designs, develops, and markets enabling technologies and products for voice over packet networks. The Company’s product line includes a variety of signal processor chips, VoIP communication boards, communications software, and custom modules for original equipment manufacturer customers.
- Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A): The shares closed at $32.25, down $2.8, or 7.99%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $11.20 billion. About the company: Agilent Technologies, Inc. provides core bio-analytical and electronic measurement solutions to the communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis industries. The Company’s operations include electronic measurement, bio-analytical measurement, semiconductor and board testing.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Advantage: Check out our interactive stock charts, fundamentals, Twitter stream, and more >>
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>