Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts upgraded shares on September 16th.
- Flowserve (NYSE:FLS): UBS upgraded its rating from Neutral to Buy and changed its price target from $121 to $105. About the company: Flowserve Corporation designs, manufactures, distributes, and services industrial flow management equipment throughout the world. The Company provides pumps, valves, and mechanical seals primarily for the refinery and pipeline segments of the petroleum, chemical processing, power generation and water treatment industries.
- Wright Medical (NASDAQ:WMGI): Summer Street Research upgraded its rating from Sell to Neutral. No price target was given. About the company: Wright Medical Group, Inc., an orthopedic device company, specializes in the design, manufacture, and marketing of reconstructive joint devices and bio-orthopedic materials. The Company’s joint devices are used to replace knee, hip, and other joints that have deteriorated through disease or injury.
- eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY): Wedbush upgraded its rating from Neutral to Outperform and changed its price target from $35 to $48. About the company: eBay Inc. operates an online trading community. The Company’s service is used by buyers and sellers for the exchange of products and services such as coins, collectibles, computers, memorabilia, stamps and toys, as well as concert and sporting tickets. eBay also offers, through a subsidiary, secure online payment services.
- Horsehead Holding (NASDAQ:ZINC): FBR Capital upgraded its rating from Mkt Perform to Outperform and changed its price target from $13 to $15. About the company: Horsehead Holding Corporation produces specialty zinc and zinc-based products. The Company also owns and operates a 110 megawatt coal-fired power plant. Horsehead’s products are used in a wide variety of applications, including the galvanizing of fabricated steel products and as components in rubber tires, alkaline batteries, paint, chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
- Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY): HSBC Securities upgraded its rating from Neutral to Overweight and changed its price target from $14.5 to $20. About the company: Yamana Gold Inc. is an intermediate gold producer with production, development stage, and exploration properties throughout Brazil. The Company also holds gold exploration properties in Argentina.
- Harmony Gold (NYSE:HMY): HSBC Securities upgraded its rating from Neutral to Overweight and changed its price target from $16 to $17. About the company: Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited is a mining company which produces gold from its operations in the district of Virginia, Orange Free State. Harmony owns and operates the Harmony, Randfontein, Evander, Consolidated Modderfontein, Grootvei and Bissett gold mines. Harmony also has gold mining operations in Australia.
- IAMGOLD (NYSE:IAG): HSBC Securities upgraded its rating from Neutral to Overweight and changed its price target from $24 to $30. About the company: IAMGOLD Corporation is a mid-tier gold mining company. The Company is focused in West Africa, the Guiana Shield of South America and in Quebec where it has a pipeline of development and exploration projects.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Advantage: Check out our interactive stock charts, fundamentals, Twitter stream, and more >>
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>