LiveDeal Surging on Positive News
One of the hottest stocks to start 2014 has been LiveDeal (NASDAQ:LIVE). The company is quickly becoming a popular alternative to companies like Groupon (NASDAQ:GRPN) in the instant offers space. At one point in January, shares of LiveDeal were up nearly 550 percent since the beginning of the year. Currently, shares are up well over 300 percent.
LiveDeal is an innovative and unique platform capable of connecting restaurants directly to the consumer through special dining offers and coupons. The company has developed a best-in-class platform in response to many restaurants that were unsatisfied with platforms from other companies. LiveDeal has built a platform that offers the following advantages.
- A user-friendly interface enabling restaurants to create limited-time offers and publish them immediately. Restaurants can also create an offer and make it available based on a pre-set schedule.
- Restaurants will have complete flexibility in regards to the days, times, and length of the offers created on LiveDeal.com. This is extremely beneficial because it offers restaurants the ability to create offers on the fly in case of an extremely slow period. Often, restaurants are completely dead during weekdays in the early afternoon. However, if an attractive offer is presented to a hungry consumer, perhaps a restaurant can generate revenue during a period when they normally wouldn’t have.
- The website will have options so that restaurants can manage the number of deals available to consumers.
- Superior geo-location technology will allow multi-location restaurants to segment offers by location. For example, a chain restaurant with a location in a busy part of a major city like Chicago or New York may not want to offer deals for that location. But they might want to offer deals for a more quiet suburb location. LiveDeal.com will allow them to do just that.
- Consumers can easily browse for deals on their desktops and easily redeem. However, in today’s busy world, consumers are often on the go and want to grab a bite in a hurry. Consumers can browse for deals on LiveDeal.com through any of their mobile platforms such as smartphones and tablet devices.
Given the strong run that shares have had, investors might be wondering if it’s too late to initiate a position. I believe the answer is no. In addition to the company’s expansion plans into other major metropolitan cities, the company has upcoming catalyst which could cause a price surge.