Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Mosaic Co. (NYSE:MOS): Down 9.65% to $48.97. The Mosaic Company produces and distributes crop nutrients to the agricultural communities located in North America and other countries. The Company’s principal products include concentrated phosphates, and potash.
- Petroleo Brasileiro (NYSE:PBR): Down 3.65% to $22.45. Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras explores for and produces oil and natural gas. The Company refines, markets, and supplies oil products. Petrobras operates oil tankers, distribution pipelines, marine, river and lake terminals, thermal power plants, fertilizer plants, and petrochemical units. The Company operates in South America and elsewhere around the world.
- Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR-A): Down 3.04% to $20.72.
- POSCO (NYSE:PKX): Down 4.04% to $76.01. POSCO manufactures various types of steel products. The Company produces hot rolled steel, cold rolled steel, stainless steel, and other forms of steel. The products are mainly used for automobile, construction, and shipbuilding industries.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan, Inc. (NYSE:POT): Down 4.8% to $43.22. Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. produces potash, phosphate, and nitrogen to the agricultural and industrial industries worldwide. The Company conducts operations in Canada, Chile, the United States, Brazil, and Trinidad.
- Transocean Ltd. (NYSE:RIG): Down 3.75% to $47.74. Transocean Ltd. is an offshore drilling contractor. The Company owns or operates mobile offshore drilling units, inland drilling barges, and other assets utilized in the support of offshore drilling activities worldwide. Transocean specializes in technically demanding segments of the offshore drilling business, including deepwater and harsh environment drilling services.
- Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM): Down 4.06% to $20.30. Research In Motion Limited (RIM) designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The Company provides platforms and solutions for access to email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet, and Intranet-based applications.
- Rio Tinto plc (NYSE:RIO): Down 5.02% to $44.08. Rio Tinto PLC is an international mining company. The Company has interests in mining for aluminum, borax, coal, copper, gold, iron ore, lead, silver, tin, uranium, zinc, titanium dioxide feedstock, diamonds, talc and zircon. Rio Tinto’s various mining operations are located in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States, South America, Europe, and Indonesia.
- Southern Copper Corp. (NYSE:SCCO): Down 3.36% to $24.99. Southern Copper Corporation conducts mining operations in Peru and Mexico. The Company owns and operates open pit mines and metallurgical complexes that produce copper, molybdenum, zinc, and precious metals.
- Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE:SID): Down 3.17% to $7.94. Companhia Siderurgica Nacional S.A. (CSN) manufactures iron and steel in Brazil. The Company operates mines, an integrated steel mill, service centers, ports, and railroads. CSN manufactures and distributes hot-rolled, cold-rolled, and galvanized steel products to the automobile, auto parts, civil construction, electrical equipment, and packaging industries.
- Sterlite Industries (India) Ltd. (NYSE:SLT): Down 5.54% to $9.21. Sterlite Industries (India) Ltd. manufactures a wide range of electrical wires and related products. The Company’s products include copper cathodes, continuous cast copper rods, power transmission line aluminum conductors, sulphuric acid and phosphoric acid. Sterlite Industries also manufactures zinc and lead products.
- St. Jude Medical Inc. (NYSE:STJ): Down 1.95% to $36.19. St. Jude Medical, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes medical devices for the worldwide cardiovascular market. The Company serves patients and its health care customers with products and services including heart valves, cardiac rhythm management systems, specialty catheters, and other cardiovascular devices.
- Teck Resources Limited (NYSE:TCK): Down 1.55% to $29.19. Teck Resources Ltd. is an integrated natural resource group with activities in mining, smelting, and refining. The Company mines zinc, copper, molybdenum, gold, and metallurgical coal in the United States, Canada, Peru, and Chile. Teck also produces refined metals, specialized metal products, and other products.
- Talisman Energy Inc. (NYSE:TLM): Down 1.21% to $12.27. Talisman Energy Inc. is an independent oil and gas producer. The Company has operations in North America, the North Sea, and Indonesia. Talisman is also conducting exploration in Southeast Asia, Algeria, Qatar, Colombia and Trinidad.
- Thomson Reuters Corporation (NYSE:TRI): Down 2.73% to $27.04. Thomson Reuters Corporation is an electronic information and solutions company that serves the global business and professional marketplace. The Company provides proprietary online systems and CD-ROM products in information sectors such as legal and regulatory, financial, scientific reference and healthcare, and corporate training.
- Tenaris SA (NYSE:TS): Down 1.51% to $25.45. Tenaris S.A. manufactures seamless steel pipe products on a global basis. The Company also provides pipe handling, stocking, and distribution services to the oil and gas, energy, and mechanical industries. In addition, Tenaris supplies welded steel pipes for gas pipelines in South America.
- Vale S.A. (NYSE:VALE): Down 4.48% to $22.80. Vale SA produces and sells iron ore, pellets, manganese, alloys, gold, nickel, copper, kaolin, bauxite, alumina, aluminum, and potash. The Company is based in Brazil, where it owns and operates railroads and maritime terminals.
- VimpelCom Ltd. (NYSE:VIP): Down 3.83% to $9.53. VimpelCom Ltd. provides telecom services. The Company offers wireless, mobile voice, fixed line, data, and internet services. VimpleCom operates in Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Georgia, Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Xerox Corp. (NYSE:XRX): Down 5.04% to $6.97. Xerox Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, services, and finances a range of document processing products and services for use in offices around the world. The Company also, through subsidiaries, provides network management, consulting, design, and integration services for medium and large companies.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Advantage: Check out our interactive stock charts, fundamentals, Twitter stream, and more >>
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>