- Tools for Investors
- Stock News
- Investing Ideas
- Econ & Policy
- Personal Finance
The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR): Following its reports of an EPS surpassing expectations and raising its full-year guidance, the Kroeger supermarket chain is climbing. According to the company, identical market sales, other than fuel, has risen 4.2% higher than the same period in 2011. Kroger maintains its 3%-5% ex-fuel identical store sales guidance, but increases its FY12 EPS guidance from $2.28-$2.38 to $2.33-$2.40. $2.32 was the Analyst’ consensus estimate. Also, the company’s board approved an initiative for a $1B share buyback. Shares of The Kroger Co. are trading 4.18% higher today.
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE:SFD): Because the company almost exhausted its former share repurchase authorization of $250M, the board of directors recently approved a new share repurchase program which will allow Smithfield Foods to purchase $250M more of its common stock during the following 24 months. The company’s net profit has fallen from $ 98.4M to $79.5M., due to lowering margins at its fresh pork ops resulting from high feed costs, as pork supplies increased and retail demand was weaker than expected. Shares of Smithfield Foods, Inc. are trading 7.1% lower today.
International Game Technology (NYSE:IGT): As a result of a new $1B share repurchase program and a $400M accelerated agreement Goldman Sachs to buyback stock, shares are up for International Game Technology. Shares of International Game Technology are trading 10.29% higher today.
General Moly, Inc. (AMEX:GMO): A Nevada State District Court’s affirmation of the Nevada State Engineer’s approval of water rights and issuance of water permits for Mt. Hope causes shares to rise. Shares of General Moly, Inc. are trading 18.01% higher today.
Ford Motor (NYSE:F): Ford’s May UK vehicle sales have risen by 11.7% reaching 30,300 vehicles as its market share increase to 16.1%, up 0.5%. In May, Ford’s market share in its 19 Western European markets fell 0.2% to 8.1% year over year on its total sales, 102,100 vehicles. Ford’s market share has fallen 0.1% since the first 5 years and is currently 8.2% in the region. Ford’s Russian sales have increased by 11% in May, and 24.5% year-to-date. In May, Ford’s European sales have fallen 9.3% to 130,000 vehicles, 13,500 units lower. Within the first five months of 2012, Ford’s sales totaled 630,500 vehicles in these markets, a 7.6% decrease on the this period last year.
Want news like this in real-time so you can get an edge? Click here for Wall St. Cheat Sheet Pro.
Don't miss one of the biggest bull markets in history! Covers Gold, Silver, Gold & Silver stocks, and miners.
There's always a bull market in some sector! Find the best opportunities in commodities.