Johnson & Johnson: Insider and Institutional Stock Sales in 3rd Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Johnson & Johnson’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Weldon William C: act as Chairman/CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 10/31/2011, sold 298,300 shares, worth $19,493,900.
- Deyo Russell C: act as VP, General Counsel. On 11/03/2011, sold 123,300 shares, worth $7,902,300.
- Cosgrove Stephen J: act as Corporate Controller. On 10/28/2011, sold 26,300 shares, worth $1,721,300.
- Mccoy Sherilyn S: act as Member, Executive Committee. On 11/15/2011, sold 21,000 shares, worth $1,365,000.
- Cullen James: act as Director. On 11/11/2011, sold 4,750 shares, worth $309,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Johnson & Johnson in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,805,942 shares, worth $117,982,191. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 1,531,200 shares, worth $100,033,296. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,400,000 shares, worth $91,462,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- IRONBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,222,666 shares, worth $79,876,770. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HAWKINS CAPITAL, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,000,000 shares, worth $65,330,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Johnson & Johnson manufactures health care products and provides related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The Company sells products such as skin and hair care products, acetaminophen products, pharmaceuticals, diagnostic equipment, and surgical equipment in countries located around the world.
Competitors to Watch: Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT), Roche Holding Ltd. (RHHBY), Boston Scientific Corp. (NYSE:BSX), and Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN).
(Note: Data regarding Johnson & Johnson’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>