- Tools for Investors
- Stock News
- Investing Ideas
- Econ & Policy
- Personal Finance
Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) reports that it filed a notice of discovery with the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation for the Pecan-1 exploration well that lies in the Deepwater Tano / Cape Three Points license offshore Ghana. The bore has hit 245 net feet of oil pay in two separate Turonian intervals. Currently, the company has a 90 percent stake in the block, with the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation holding the remaining 10 percent.
FMC Technologies (NYSE:FTI) said Wednesday that it has received a $152 million order from Statoil (NYSE:STO) for sub-sea equipment to be used in the Oseberg Delta 2 Project. The former’s scope of supply includes five wellheads, five subsea trees, two manifolds, control systems, along with other associated equipment. The order comprises the first option from the fast-track portfolio awarded as part of the Gullfaks South deal that was reported earlier in 2012. The equipment should be delivered in 2013 or 2014 and will be engineered and made at FMC Technologies’ facilities in Norway and in Scotland.
Are you worried about the Fiscal Cliff? Click here to get our Gold & Silver Premium Newsletter OVER 50% OFF now!
Kenneth Cohen, Vice President of Public and Government Affairs at Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), said on Tuesday that his company will not advocate for a carbon tax, but admitted that it is the best policy choice should a cost on emissions of greenhouse gases be imposed by Congress. Carbon taxes are once again being looked at by policy wonks and climate activist groups, despite extremely low chances of getting them through the House of Representatives.
Parker Drilling Company (NYSE:PKD) reported Wednesday that it has begun drilling operations with Rig 273, marking the first of two Arctic Alaska Drilling Unit rigs it has developed to safely and efficiently perform in environmentally sensitive, harsh arctic conditions. Rig 273 started operations earlier in the week through the terms of Parker’s five-year contract with BP. The Company’s second AADU, Rig 272, is set for acceptance testing next year.
Investing Insights: Is Alcoa’s Stock a Good Buy Right Now?
Don't miss one of the biggest bull markets in history! Covers Gold, Silver, Gold & Silver stocks, and miners.
There's always a bull market in some sector! Find the best opportunities in commodities.