Facebook and Yahoo: Deal or No Deal?
- Both CEOs have stated “mobile” is a top near-term objective;
- Both CEOs are heavily focused on improving user engagement with improved technology;
- Both companies need each other to take significant marketshare from Google (NASDAQ:GOOG);
- Both companies have deals with Microsoft, so that reduces hurdles for certain deals; and,
- Both companies have different spheres of expertise which could nicely compliment the others’.
Lastly, and most importantly, a sexy blockbuster partnership between Facebook and Yahoo will create positive hype for both stocks — something desperately needed given the pain long term shareholders have felt.
Although the current search alliance may be pure speculation, don’t rule out an exciting announcement sooner than later.
Don’t Miss: Are Apple and Google in Peace Talks?