Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Capital Goods sector:
Gainer (% price change)
- Argan, Inc. (AMEX:AGX): The shares closed at $10.18, up $0.78, or 8.3%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $138.47 million. About the company: Argan, Inc., through its subsidiary, designs and builds energy plants. The Company’s energy plants include traditional gas as well as alternative energy including biodiesel, ethanol, and renewable energy sources such as wind power and solar.
- Winnebago Industries, Inc (NYSE:WGO): The shares closed at $7.42, up $0.51, or 7.38%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $216.12 million. About the company: Winnebago Industries, Inc. manufactures motor homes that are self-contained recreation vehicles used primarily in leisure travel and outdoor recreation activities. The Company’s motor homes are sold through dealer organizations under the Winnebago, Itasca, Rialta, and Ultimate brand names. Winnebago also manufactures extruded aluminum, commercial vehicles, and components.
- PMFG Inc (NASDAQ:PMFG): The shares closed at $16.14, up $1.03, or 6.82%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $283.16 million. About the company: PMFG Inc. is a provider of custom engineered systems and products designed to help ensure that the delivery of energy is safe, efficient and clean. The Company primarily serves the markets for power generation, natural gas infrastructure and petrochemical processing.
- Apogee Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ:APOG): The shares closed at $9.28, up $0.59, or 6.79%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $260.86 million. About the company: Apogee Enterprises, Inc. designs and develops value-added glass products, services, and systems. The Company’s products include architectural glass, glass coatings for the electronics markets, and replacement auto glass. The Company also provides building glass installation and replacement services. Apogee Enterprises operates around the world.
- KB Home (NYSE:KBH): The shares closed at $6.05, up $0.38, or 6.7%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $465.88 million. About the company: KB HOME builds single-family homes in the United States, primarily targeting first-time and first move-up homebuyers. The Company has operating divisions in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, Wisconsin, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas in the United States. KB Home also derives income from mortgage banking, title and insurance services.
Loser (% price change)
- Insituform Tech., Inc. (NASDAQ:INSU): The shares closed at $14.49, down $0.97, or 6.27%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $572.14 million. About the company: Insituform Technologies, Inc. provides cured-in place pipe and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. The Company’s businesses consist of sewer, drinking water and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. Insituform services customers worldwide.
- James Hardie Industries (NYSE:JHX): The shares closed at $27.92, down $0.86, or 3%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.44 billion. About the company: James Hardie Industries SE manufactures building products, including fiber cement siding, backerboard, and pipe.
- AGCO Corporation (NYSE:AGCO): The shares closed at $20.52, down $0.53, or 2.52%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.90 billion. About the company: AGCO Corporation manufactures and distributes agricultural equipment throughout the world. The Company sells a range of agricultural equipment and related replacement parts, including tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, and forage equipment. AGCO markets its products under a variety of brand names, including Massey Ferguson, AGCO, Tye, GLEANER, and Hesston.
- Dycom Industries, Inc. (NYSE:DY): The shares closed at $17.55, down $0.39, or 2.17%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $587.78 million. About the company: Dycom Industries, Inc. provides engineering, construction, and maintenance services to telecomm providers in the United States. In addition to its primary services, the Company performs underground utility locating and electric utility contracting services. Dycom also provides services related to the installation of integrated voice, data, and video networks in office buildings.
- Zebra Technologies Corp. (NASDAQ:ZBRA): The shares closed at $32.21, down $0.53, or 1.62%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.73 billion. About the company: Zebra Technologies Corporation manufactures and distributes a broad line of direct thermal and thermal transfer bar code label and receipt printers. The Company also produces plastic card printers for the personal identification market. Zebra markets its products to manufacturing and service organizations for use in data collection and automatic identification systems.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Advantage: Check out our interactive stock charts, fundamentals, Twitter stream, and more >>
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>