Stock Analysis Recap: Here’s Why These Stocks Were Heavily Traded This Week
Markets are preparing for earnings season. Here’s your Cheat Sheet to the hottest stocks of the week.
Must Read Feature: Here’s Why Chipotle is a Shareholder’s Dream Stock.
1) Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:GCI): Shares of Gannett Co., Inc. are trading lower 3.64% to $12.99 per share today. The media company disappointed shareholders again with a dismal earnings report. Gannett Co., Inc. is an international news and information company that publishes various daily newspapers in the United States and the United Kingdom, including “USA TODAY” and “USA WEEKEND,” a newspaper magazine. The Company also operates television stations in major United States markets as well as operates websites offering news, information and advertising. Gannett Co., Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Two Straight Quarters of Falling Profit>>
2) Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS): Shares of Hasbro, Inc. are trading lower 4.81% to $39.98 per share today. The toy company did not impress shareholders today with its latest quarterly reports. Hasbro, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets toys, games, interactive software, puzzles, and infant products in the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include a variety of games, including traditional board, card, hand-held electronic, trading card, role-playing and DVD games, as well as electronic learning aids and puzzles as well as dolls and action figures. Hasbro, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Margins Keep Shrinking, but Net Income Increases>>
3) WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ:WBMD): Shares of WebMD Health Corp. are trading lower over 30% to $32.34 per share today. The company reduced yearly guidance on its company results. The lowered forecast was a buzz kill to current shareholders. WebMD Health Corp. provides health information services to consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans. The Company provides its services through its public and private online portals and health-focused publications.
4) Nabi Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:NABI): Shares of Nabi Biopharmaceuticals are trading lower 66% to $1.90 per share today. The company failed a drug study and quickly let the air out of company shares today. Nabi Biopharmaceuticals is a vertically integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on drugs that prevent and treat infectious and autoimmune diseases. The Company currently provides biopharmaceuticals, including Nabi-HB for the prevention of hepatitis B infections, and WinRho SDF for the treatment of HIV-related immune thrombocytopenia. Nabi also has a clinical trials program.
5) Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ:CHKP): Shares of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. are trading higher over 8% to $61.17 per share today. The company delivered a strong quarterly report today with a 24% jump in profits. Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. develops, markets and supports a range of software and hardware products and services for information technology security and offers its customers a network and gateway security solutions, data and endpoint security solutions and management solutions.
6) PetMed Express, Inc. (NASDAQ:PETS): Shares of PetMed Express, Inc. are trading lower over 7% to $10.76 per share today. The company released a weak quarterly report this morning. PetMed Express, Inc. is a pet pharmacy. The Company offers prescription and nonprecription pet medications, as well as health and nutritional supplements. PetMed Express offers its products via telephone, fax, mail, and the Internet to customers throughout the United States.
1) Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS): Shares of Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. are trading lower 1.79% today. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a bank holding company, is a global investment banking and securities firm specializing in investment banking, trading and principal investments, asset management and securities services. The Company provides services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net worth individuals. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Misses Estimates>>
2) Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG): Shares of Harley-Davidson, Inc. are trading higher 9.85% today. Harley-Davidson, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells motorcycles. The Company’s products include heavyweight touring, custom, and performance motorcycles, as well as a line of motorcycle parts, accessories, and general merchandise. Harley-Davidson also provides motorcycle floor planning and parts and accessories financing to its North American and European dealers. Harley-Davidson, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Beats Wall Street Expectations>>
3) International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM): Shares of International Business Machines Corp. are trading higher 4.78% today. International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company’s solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products through its global sales and distribution organization, as well as through a variety of third party distributors and resellers. IBM Earnings Cheat Sheet: Rising Revenue Helps Margins Expand, Profit Rises>>
4) State Street Corporation (NYSE:STT): Shares of State Street Corporation are trading lower 3.45% today. State Street Corporation services institutional investors and manages financial assets worldwide. The Company’s products and services include custody, accounting, administration, daily pricing, international exchange services, cash management, financial asset management, securities lending, and investment advisory services. State Street Corp Earnings Cheat Sheet: Increase in Profit Year Over Year>>
5) Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE:PII): Shares of Polaris Industries Inc. are trading higher 3.39% today. Polaris Industries Inc. designs, engineers, and manufactures snowmobiles, all terrain vehicles, motorcycles, and personal watercraft. The Company markets its products, together with related replacement parts, garments, and accessories through dealers and distributors located in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
6) Wynn Resorts, Limited (NASDAQ:WYNN): Shares of Wynn Resorts, Limited are trading down 1.72% today. Wynn Resorts Limited owns and operates luxury hotels and destination casino resorts in Las Vegas, Nevada and in Macau, China. The resorts features guest rooms and suits, restaurants, golf courses, and on-site luxury automotive dealerships.
7) UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH): Shares of UnitedHealth Group Inc. are trading lower 1.52% today. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated owns and manages organized health systems in the United States and internationally. The Company provides employers products and resources to plan and administer employee benefit programs. UnitedHealth also serves the health needs of older Americans, provides specialized care services, and provides health care information and research to providers and payers. UnitedHealth Group Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Beats the Street on Profit Rise>>
8) Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC): Shares of Wells Fargo & Company are trading higher 5.49% today. Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, leasing, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Company operates through physical stores, the Internet and other distribution channels across North America and elsewhere internationally. Wells Fargo Earnings Cheat Sheet: Another Quarter of Rising Profit>>
9) W.W. Grainger, Inc. (NYSE:GWW): Shares of W.W. Grainger, Inc. are trading flat today. W.W. Grainger, Inc. distributes maintenance, repair and operating supplies, and related information to the commercial, industrial, contractor, and institutional markets in North America. The Company’s products include motors, HVAC equipment, lighting, hand and power tools, pumps, and electrical equipment.
10) The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO): Shares of The Coca-Cola Company are trading higher 3.77% today. The Coca-Cola Company manufactures, markets, and distributes soft drink concentrates and syrups. The Company also distributes and markets juice and juice-drink products. Coca-Cola distributes its products to retailers and wholesalers in the United States and internationally.
1) Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Shares of Apple Inc. are trading higher over 3% to $388.45 per share today. Over 29 million shares have traded hands relative to the 15 million daily share average. Shares hit a 52-week high today of $396.26. Apple crushed their quarterly earnings report with 82% revenue growth over last year. The iPad and iPhone demand continues to fuel the company’s operational upside. Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
2) E TRADE Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:ETFC): Shares of E TRADE Financial Corporation are trading higher over 15% to $15 per share today. Over 26 million shares have traded hands relative to the average 4.38 million on a daily basis. Sale rumors are swirling on Wall Street as shorts are covering and shares are being bid up today ahead of the company’s earnings release. E*TRADE Financial Corporation provides online brokerage and related products and services primarily to individual retail investors. The Company’s products and services include investor-focused banking, primarily sweep deposits and savings products, and asset gathering. E Trade reports earnings after the bell. Here is what you need to know right now>>
3) Nalco Holding Company (NYSE:NLC): Shares of Nalco Holding Company are trading higher over 24% to $35.87 per share today. Over 44 million shares have traded hands today. Ecolab (NYSE:ECL) announced it will buy Nalco for $5.4 billion to add water treatment to its business portfolio. Nalco Holding Co. provides integrated water treatment and process improvement services, chemicals and equipment programs for industrial and institutional applications. The Company’s products and services are used in water treatment applications to prevent corrosion, contamination and the buildup of harmful deposits, or in production processes to enhance process efficiency.
1) Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC): Shares of Intel Corporation are trading down 1.35% to $22.67 per share today. Shareholders appear to be taking profits on the heels of a better than expected earnings report yesterday evening. Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products.
2) Express Scripts, Inc. (NASDAQ:ESRX): Shares of Express Scripts, Inc. are trading higher 6.41% to $55.91 per share today. The company announced this morning it is buying Medco Health Solutions at a double-digit premium percentage. Express Scripts, Inc is a full service pharmacy benefit management and specialty managed care company serving clients throughout North America. The Company’s customers include managed care organizations, insurance carriers, third party administrators, employers, and union-sponsored benefit plans. Express provides pharmacy network management, formulary management, and other services.
3) QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM): Shares of QUALCOMM, Inc. are trading lower 1.18% to $56.65 per share today. The company released its latest quarterly report. Investors appear to be selling their shares and booking some profits today. QUALCOMM, Inc. develops and manufactures digital wireless communications equipment. The Company licenses its Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) intellectual property to other companies, and produces CDMA-based integrated circuits; equipment and software used to track workers and assets; software for wireless content enablement; and offers services to deliver multimedia content.
4) Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT): Shares of Microsoft Corporation are trading up .11% to $27.08 per share today. The tech giant is set to release a big quarterly earnings announcement after the bell today. Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Microsoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices.
1) Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT): Shares of Microsoft Corporation are tradingup 1.44% to $27.48 per share today. MSFT delivered a record sales quarter and beat Wall Street estimates. Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Microsoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices.
2) Agria Corporation (NYSE:GRO): Shares of Agria Corporation are trading higher 1.71% to $1.19 per share today. The company reported it has no knowledge of ‘unusual’ activity moving its share volume today. Agria Corporation researches and develops, produces, and sells upstream agricultural products. The Company currently offers corn seeds and sheep breeding products such as frozen sheep semen, sheep embryos, and breeder sheep, as well as seedling products.
3) Xerox Corporation (NYSE:XRX): Shares of Xerox Corporation are trading lower 2.14% to $10.08 per share today. The company reported a slight 2% uptick in revenues and profits were up on the latest quarter. Xerox Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, services, and finances a range of document processing products and services for use in offices around the world. The Company also, through subsidiaries, provides network management, consulting, design, and integration services for medium and large companies.
4) McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE:MCD): Shares of McDonald’s Corporation are trading higher 2.85% to $89.01 per share today. With costs on the minds of consumers,MCD delivered a strong quarter this morning in their latest earnings release. McDonald’s Corporation operates and franchises fast-food restaurants worldwide. The Company’s franchised and company operated fast food restaurants offer a variety of low price fast foods in locations around the world.
Fresh Off the Press: Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!