- Tools for Investors
- Stock News
- Investing Ideas
- Econ & Policy
- Personal Finance
Markets are preparing for earnings season. Here’s your Cheat Sheet to the hottest stocks of the week.
Must Read Feature: Why Apple Needs to Replace Cisco on the Dow 30 Now.
1) Sun Healthcare Group Inc (NASDAQ:SUNH): Shares of Sun Healthcare Group Inc are trading lower 51.86% to $3.37 per share today. Sabra Health Care REIT, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The trust owns nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, assisted living facilities, and independent living centers.
2) Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM): Shares of Humana Inc. are trading lower 3.16% to $72.22 per share today. Humana Inc. is a managed health care company with medical members located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company offers coordinated health care through health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, point-of-service plans, and administrative services products. Humana offers its products to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals. Humana Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Beats Analysts’ Estimates>>
3) PAETEC Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:PAET): Shares of PAETEC Holding Corp. are trading higher over 20% to $5.33 per share today. PAETEC Holding Corporation offers communications services to businesses. The Company offers medium and large businesses in metropolitan areas of the United States local and long distance voice services, data services, and Internet services.
4) Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. (NYSE:SKH): Shares of Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc. are trading lower over 42% to $5.02 per share today. Skilled Healthcare Group Inc. operates nursing and assisted-living homes in California, Texas, Kansas, and Nevada.
5) Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND): Shares of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. are trading lower over 30% to $13.15 per share today. Kindred Healthcare, Inc. is a national healthcare services company operating hospitals, nursing centers, institutional pharmacies and a contract rehabilitation services business.
6) Sohu.com Inc. (NASDAQ:SOHU): Shares of Sohu.com Inc. are trading lower over 11% to $80.04 per share today. Sohu.com Inc. operates an Internet portal in China. The Company’s Web site consists of Chinese language Web navigational and search capabilities, Web-based communications services, and a platform for e-commerce services. Sohu.com Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Margins Suffer for Five Quarters Straight, but Net Income Climbs>>
7) Windstream Corporation (NASDAQ:WIN): Shares of Windstream Corporation are trading flat at $12.21 per share today. Windstream Corporation offers telecommunications services to residential and business customers in rural communities in the United States. The Company provides local telephone, high-speed Internet, long distance, network access, and video services in multiple states.
8) First Niagara Financial Group Inc. (NASDAQ:FNFG): Shares of First Niagara Financial Group Inc. are trading lower over 3% to $11.88 per share today. First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. is a bank holding company. The Banks provide an array of deposit products and loans, as well as insurance, leasing, investment advisory services, insurance agency services, and trust services.
9) Allstate Corporation (NYSE:ALL): Shares of Allstate Corporation are trading higher over 2 % to $28.36 per share today. The Allstate Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides property-liability insurance, as well as other types of insurance in the United States and Canada. The Company primarily sells private passenger automobile and homeowners insurance through independent and specialized brokers. Allstate also sells life insurance, annuity, and group pension products through agents. Allstate Earnings Cheat Sheet: Two Straight Quarters of Profit Broken by a Loss>>
10) Plantronics Inc. (NYSE:PLT): Shares of Plantronics Inc. are trading higher .64% to $34.49 per share today. Plantronics, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets lightweight communications headsets and headset accessories and services. The Company also manufactures and markets specialty telephone products, such as amplified telephone headsets and specialty telephones for hearing-impaired users, and noise-cancelling headsets for use in high-noise environments.
1) MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE:PCS): Shares of MetroPCS Communications, Inc. are trading lower over 31% to $11.10 per share today. MetroPCS Communications, Inc. is a wireless communications provider in the United States. The Company offers unlimited wireless voice and data services to the mass market. MetroPCS Communications Earnings Cheat Sheet: Revenue Strengthens for Fifth Straight Quarter by Double-Digits>>
2) Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp.(NASDAQ:CTSH): Shares of Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. are trading higher over 1% to $71.87 per share today. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation provides custom Information Technology consulting and technology services as well as outsourcing services. The Company’s core competencies include technology strategy consulting, complex systems development, enterprise software package implementation and maintenance, data warehousing and business intelligence. Cognizant Technology Solutions Earnings Cheat Sheet: Fifth Consecutive Quarter of Double-Digit Growth>>
3) Coach, Inc. (NYSE:COH): Shares of Coach, Inc. are trading lower over 6% to $61.33 per share today. Coach, Inc. designs, produces, and markets primarily leather goods. The Company’s products include handbags, business cases, men’s and women’s accessories, luggage and travel accessories, leather outerwear, and gloves. Coach, together with a licensing partner, offers watches, footwear, furniture, and eyewear. Coach, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Profitable Quarter Accelerates Growth>>
4) Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE:ADM): Shares of Archer Daniels Midland Company are trading lower over 3% to $29.38 per share today. Archer-Daniels-Midland Company procures, transports, stores, processes, and merchandises agricultural commodities and products. The Company processes oilseeds, corn, milo, oats, barley, peanuts, and wheat. Archer-Daniels-Midland also processes produce products which have primarily two end uses including food or feed ingredients.
5) Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF): Shares of Herbalife Ltd. are trading higher over 9% to $60.87 per share today. Herbalife Ltd. is a network marketing company that sells weight management, nutritional supplement and personal care products. The Company sells its products globally through a network of independent distributors. Herbalife also sells literature and promotional materials. Herbalife Ltd. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Beats the Street on Profit Rise>>
1) CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS): Shares of CBS Corporation are trading up .15% to $$26.32 per share today. CBS Corporation Earnings Cheat Sheet: Beats Analysts’ Estimates>> CBS Corporation is a multimedia company that operates broadcasting, television production, and publishing businesses. The Company operates television and radio stations, produces and syndicates television programs, publishes books, provides online content as well as provides outdoor advertising.
2) Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX): Shares of Time Warner Inc. are trading lower over 3% to $32.93 per share today. Time Warner Inc. is a media and entertainment company. Time Warner Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Booking a Profit Again>> The Company’s businesses include cable television networks that provide programming, feature films, television and home video production and distribution, and magazine publishing. Time Warner Inc.
3) Global Traffic Network, Inc. (NASDAQ:GNET): Shares of Global Traffic Network, Inc. are trading higher over 19% to $13.97 per share today. Global Traffic Network, Inc. offers traffic and news reports to radio and television stations in Australia. In compensation, the Company receives advertising time that it sells.
4) Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA): Shares of Comcast Corporation are trading lower .13% to $22.70 per share today. Comcast Corporation is a provider of video, high-speed Internet and phone services. Comcast Earnings Cheat Sheet: Boosts Topline Growth>> The Company offers a variety of entertainment, information and communications services to residential and commercial customers. Comcast is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
5) Clean Harbors, Inc. (NYSE:CLH): Shares of Clean Harbors, Inc. are trading higher over 9% to $56.52 per share today. Clean Harbors, Inc. provides a variety of environmental remediation and industrial waste management services to customers in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company’s services include treatment and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous solid and liquid waste, surface remediation, groundwater restoration, waste packaging, as well as analytical testing and consulting.
6) OpenTable Inc (NASDAQ:OPEN): Shares of OpenTable Inc are trading lower over 6% to $64.17 per share today. OpenTable, Inc. provides free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners through an online booking service. The Company also offers reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants. OpenTable allows users to search for tables based on desired criteria for cuisine, price, and location.
7) CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL): Shares of CenturyLink, Inc. are trading lower over 6% to $34.56 per share today. CenturyLink Inc. is an integrated communications company. The Company provides a wide range of communications services, including local and long distance voice, Internet access and broadband services. CenturyLink operates throughout the United States.
8) CIBER, Inc. (NYSE:CBR): Shares of CIBER, Inc. are trading lower over 23% to $3.95 per share today. CIBER, Inc. is a diversified, system integration and information technology (“IT”) services consulting firm. The Company’s services are offered on a project or strategic staffing basis, in both custom and enterprise resource planning package environments, and across all technology platforms, operating systems, and infrastructures.
9) j2 Global Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:JCOM): Shares of j2 Global Communications, Inc. are trading higher over 17% to $30.46 per share today. j2 Global Communications, Inc. provides Internet-based messaging and communications services to individuals and businesses throughout the world. The Company’s global network covers cities in various countries and spans North America, Europe, and the Asia/Pacific region. j2 enables customers to manage their communications through the Web, phone, or wireless device.
1) priceline.com Incorporated (NASDAQ:PCLN): Shares of priceline.com Incorporated are trading higher over 10% to $533.40 per share today. Priceline.com Incorporated enables consumers to use the Internet to save money on a variety of products and services. The Company’s product allows customers to name their own price on products or services and communicates that demand directly to participating sellers or to their private databases. Participants include domestic and international airlines, and hotel chains. Priceline.com Earnings Cheat Sheet: Higher-Than-Expected Net Income>>
2) Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE:KFT): Shares of Kraft Foods Inc. are trading higher over 4% to $35.21 per share today. Kraft Foods Inc. is a food and beverage company. The Company manufactures and markets packaged food products, including snacks, beverages, cheese, convenient meals and various packaged grocery products. Kraft sells its products throughout the world.
3) Imperial Sugar Company (NASDAQ:IPSU): Shares of Imperial Sugar Company are trading lower over 57% to $9.95 per share today. Imperial Sugar Company refines and processes refined sugar through cane sugar refineries, molasses desugarization facilities, and beet sugar factories. The Company also operates packaging, ingredient, warehouse distribution and terminal facilities.
4) Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:BRCD): Shares of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. are trading lower over 28% to $3.50 per share today. Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. provides switching solutions for storage area networks. The Company’s switching solutions utilize the fiber channel interconnect protocol. Brocade’s family of SilkWorm switches enables a company to manage growth of its data storage requirements, improve the data transfer performance, and increase the size of its SAN.
5) General Motors Company (NYSE:GM): Shares of General Motors Company are trading lower over 2% to $25.30 per share today. General Motors Co. manufactures and markets new cars and trucks. The Company offers features for special needs drivers, OnStar vehicle protection, service, parts, accessories, maintenance, XM satellite radio, features for commercial owners, and more. General Motors offers its vehicles and services worldwide.
6) Huntsman Corporation (NYSE:HUN): Shares of Huntsman Corporation are trading lower over 1% to $12.31 per share today. Huntsman Corporation manufactures differentiated and commodity chemical products. The Company markets a broad range of chemical products and formulations to a diversified group of consumer and industrial customers. Huntsman’s products are used in a range of applications, including those in adhesives, aerospace, automotive, construction products, and consumer products.
7) Linkedin Corporation (NYSE:LNKD): Shares of Linkedin Corporation are trading lower over 1% to $94.16 per sharetoday. LinkedIn Corporation operates a social networking website used for professional networking. The Company’s website allows members to post a profile of their professional expertise and accomplishments. LinkedIn allows members to be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts.
8) Weight Watchers International, Inc. (NYSE:WTW): Shares of Weight Watchers International, Inc. are trading lower over 16% to $62.50 per share today. Weight Watchers International, Inc., is a provider of weight control programs. The Company operates through a network of company-owned and franchised operations. Members attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings to receive group support and education about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity.
Don't miss one of the biggest bull markets in history! Covers Gold, Silver, Gold & Silver stocks, and miners.
There's always a bull market in some sector! Find the best opportunities in commodities.