Simple Supper Dishes: 7 Recipes With 5 Ingredients
Your eyes won’t glaze over as you take a gander at these recipes. There are no ingredient lists that go on for miles or complex steps. Each of the following seven recipes has only five ingredients beyond a basic (like water, salt, or pepper). But that doesn’t mean they sacrifice flavor for convenience. Short on ingredients, but not on taste, these seven main dishes deserve a spot on your table tonight.
1. Grilled Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Pizza
For a fun, fast dinner grill a pizza! This Cooking Light recipe can be made with any kind of tomato, should heirlooms be unavailable.
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 large heirloom tomato, seeded and chopped (about 10 ounces)
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) crumbled herbed goat cheese
Directions: Prepare grill to medium heat. Unroll dough onto a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat dough into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Lightly coat dough with cooking spray.
Place dough on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 minute or until lightly browned. Turn crust over. Rub with garlic; sprinkle with tomato and cheeses. Close grill lid; grill 3 minutes. Serve immediately.