7 Satisfying Spring Salad Recipes
After a long, drawn-out winter with filled with heavy foods, spring is a great opportunity to take your meals in a completely different direction. With warmer weather around the corner, it is time to put a little spring in your step with delicious, fresh salads. But just because you’re going lighter doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice flavor. Whether you’re looking for a punchy side salad or a satisfying meal, these seven recipes will have you covered.
1. Watermelon, heirloom tomato, and feta salad
For a different, vibrant take on the side salad, throw together this salad by Coastal Living. The heirloom tomatoes and watermelon allow you to introduce fun colors to a dish, and the salty feta cheese pairs well with the watermelon and fresh herbs.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed red seedless watermelon
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed seeded yellow watermelon
- ¼ cup vertically sliced red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions: Whisk together first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add tomato, watermelon, and onion; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; toss gently.