4 Fantastic Fish Recipes for a Friday Feast
On the hook for dinner tonight and not finding any alluring options? Look no further — SORTED Food has figured out fish with four great recipes. With how-to videos, its dishes and recipes will have your dinner, well, sorted out in no time. But first, let’s start with some fish basics.
The video above shows you how to de-scale, gut, and de-fin a whole, round fish like salmon or trout. This is not absolutely necessary: In most places, you’ll be able to find fish that have already been through this process. No matter what stage of readiness your fish is in when you buy it, SORTED has five factors you need to consider for fresh fish purchases.
When buying fresh fish, watch for:
- Smell: There shouldn’t be any distinctive smell of fish. Fresh fish are fairly odorless.
- Shininess: Fish should have a small amount of natural slime (not too much) and should be slightly moist and slippery.
- Firmness: The flesh of the fish should be relatively firm. If you gently poke it, you shouldn’t see an indent left. Scales should still be attached and not dropping off.
- Bright color: The gills of the fish should be vibrant and bright.
- Clear bright eyes: Not cloudy or sunken.