5 Workouts That Burn 100 Calories in 10 Minutes
You’re feeling guilty. Maybe you shouldn’t have had that extra cookie, and you could have asked for skim milk in your latte — but you didn’t. There’s nothing you can do about it now except help ease some of that guilt by taking 10 minutes out of your day to get in a quick workout. Choose the right activities, and you could burn 100 calories in no time. So on days where you just want to have that extra cookie, you can. Try one of these 10 minutes workouts that will burn 100 calories.
1. Jump Rope Drills
Inspired by a Shape workout, all this 10-minute routine requires is a jump rope. It’ll burn calories, improve your agility, and tone your legs, rear, shoulders, and arms.
- For the first minute, jump rope at an easy, moderate pace.
- The second minute is dedicated to the crossover jump, where you cross your arms in front of you while the rope is in the air.
- Back to an easy, moderate jump rope pace for three minutes.
- For the fourth minute, do a ladder drill — this is where you’ll fold the jump rope and make a horizontal line on the ground. Start behind the left end of the line and quickly step over the rope. Lift it again, moving the down the rope in a zigzag pattern.
- The fifth minute is all about boxer jumps. For this, you’ll keep your weight on your heels and jump putting one foot out in front of you at a time.
- Back to an easy jump for the sixth minute.
- Use your jump rope skills to jump forward and back for the seventh minute. This requires you twirl the rope, while hopping back and forth over an imaginary line.
- The eighth minute is all about jump rope lunges where you do normal jumping lunges while adding a twirl of the rope while in the air.
- Last one, back to an easy jump for the final minute of this workout.