7 Wine Sauce Recipes for Restaurant-Worthy Dishes
2. Lemon Beurre Blanc
In this recipe from Seafood, via Williams-Sonoma, the lemon beurre blanc is paired with scallops (about 30 to serve six people). Beurre blanc pairs well with seafood in general, and if you aren’t into the scallops, consider salmon — or ditch the fish entirely and use the sauce for a chicken or vegetable dish.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white vermouth or wine
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 12 pieces
- salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- minced fresh chives for garnish
Directions: In small, heavy, nonreactive saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the lemon juice, vermouth, and shallot. Bring to a low boil and cook until the liquid is reduced to about 1 teaspoon. Remove the pan from the heat and, using a whisk, beat in 1 piece of butter, then a second piece. Place the pan over very low heat and whisk in the remaining butter one piece at a time to make an emulsified sauce. Remove from the heat and whisk in salt and white pepper.