7 Summertime Slow-Cooker Recipes
Slow cookers are often used during the winter to prepare hearty and warm dishes. However, your slow cooker doesn’t need to sit on a shelf gathering dust during the summer. You can prepare delectable, make-ahead meals that are oozing with fresh and simple ingredients. Use these seven slow-cooker recipes to prepare easy summertime dishes your whole family will enjoy.
1. Sweet and Sour Chicken
Fresh ginger creates a light and savory dish by sweetening the chicken. CookingLight‘s recipe, which yields six servings, contains 332 calories and 3.4 grams of fat. You won’t believe how easy it is to prepare this delectable dish!
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (8-ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked white rice
Directions: Combine the first twelve ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Serve over rice.
Club W is an online community of wine enthusiasts committed to taking the hassle, guesswork and pretentiousness out of enjoying a great bottle of wine at a reasonable price.
P.S.: Wall St. Cheat Sheet readers are entitled to a FREE bottle of delicious wine when you join Club W. Get started now!