7 Recipes Making a New Meal Out of Rotisserie Chicken
Seeking a quick and easy dinner solution, you bought a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, and now it is lurking in your fridge. You can’t seem to get rid of it — it might even be multiplying. But what was easy one night can make other nights easy, too. All you have to do is follow one of the 7 recipes we’ve rounded up to repurpose that rotisserie chicken into a brand new meal.
1. Barbecue Chicken and Blue Cheese Pizza
Short of ordering in, pizza night doesn’t get much easier than this recipe from Cooking Light. Thanks to the premade crust, already cooked chicken, and barbecue sauce, you can get your pizza ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1 (8-ounce) prebaked thin pizza crust
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- 1½ cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- ½ cup vertically sliced red onion
- ½ cup coarsely chopped yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 1/4 pound)
Directions: Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread sauce over the crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with chicken and remaining ingredients. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is crisp. Cut into 12 wedges.