7 Awesome Appetizers to Prepare for Labor Day
Labor Day is the perfect time to get together with family and friends. Aside from great company, one of the best perks of attending or hosting a Labor Day party is definitely the delicious food. But no one wants to spend all of Labor Day laboring away in the kitchen preparing a huge meal, which is why offering appetizers is a perfect solution. Whether you’re hosting or attending a Labor Day get-together, these 7 amazing appetizer recipes are sure to be the life of the party.
1. Nacho Scoops
Prepare a big platter of these appetizing nacho bites, which are filled with spicy cheese and beef. Taste of Home‘s recipe, which yields 12 dozen servings, is easy, creamy, and delicious.
- ¾ pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces process cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) tortilla chip scoops
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream and pickled jalapeño slices
Directions: In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, tomatoes, and green chilies. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the pepper jack, process cheese, and cream cheese until melted. Place 4 dozen scoops on an ungreased baking sheet. Add a rounded teaspoon of beef mixture to each. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish each with sour cream and a jalapeno pepper slice. Repeat with remaining tortilla chip scoops.