6 Refreshing Recipes That Add Fruit to Your Dinner
Summer is the perfect time to incorporate fruit into your dinners. Adding fresh mango, pineapple, apples, and berries to a meal creates a succulent dish that everyone will enjoy. Whether you’re craving pizza, burgers, enchiladas, soup, or salad, there is a recipe here for you. These six refreshing recipes are sure to sweeten your next supper.
1. Apple and Grilled Chicken Pizza
Come dinnertime, pizza is a family favorite. But why not take a break from your standard pepperoni and sausage pie? Paula Deen‘s pizza calls for chicken, apples, and red onion, creating a dinner that is healthy, sweet, and savory. This recipe yields four servings.
- 1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
- ½ cup Paula Deen Smokey Apple Cinnamon Sauce (this is a product)
- ½ cup Grilled Chicken, shredded
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup Monteray Jack Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Smoked Gouda, shredded
Directions: Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place pizza crust on baking sheet or pizza stone. Spread with Paula Deen Smokey Apple Cinnamon sauce. Scatter chicken over top. Arrange apple slices evenly over the top. Scatter red onion evenly. Top with cheeses. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.