MetLife: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold MetLife, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Henrikson C Robert: act as Chairman. On 07/11/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $853,800.
- Latrenta Nicholas D: act as E.V.P. & General Counsel. On 11/02/2011, sold 7,000 shares, worth $238,400.
- Latrenta Nicholas D: act as E.V.P. & General Counsel. On 07/06/2011, sold 4,000 shares, worth $174,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of MetLife, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 4,700,571 shares, worth $201,842,519. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OWL CREEK ASSET MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 4,692,964 shares, worth $201,515,874. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL RESEARCH GLOBAL INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 1,999,900 shares, worth $85,875,706. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WATERSTONE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,446,500 shares, worth $62,112,710. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- APPALOOSA MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,410,100 shares, worth $60,549,694. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: MetLife, Inc. provides individual insurance, employee benefits and financial services with operations throughout the United States and the regions of Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. The Company’s products include life insurance, annuities, automobile and homeowners insurance, retail banking and other financial services to individuals as well as group insurance.
Competitors to Watch: Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU), CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:CNO), Torchmark Corporation (NYSE:TMK), StanCorp Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:SFG), Lincoln National Corp. (NYSE:LNC), American International Group (NYSE:AIG), Prudential Public Ltd. Co. (NYSE:PUK), Kansas City Life Insurance Co (NASDAQ:KCLI), Presidential Life Corp (NASDAQ:PLFE), and Independence Holding Co. (NYSE:IHC).
(Note: Data regarding MetLife, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>